Breast care specialists in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
A woman's breasts undergo changes during her lifetime, usually due to pregnancy, a disease like cancer or even weight fluctuations. When a self-exam or mammogram uncovers something unusual, you're dealing with unexplained breast pain or you're exploring surgery for aesthetic or reconstructive reasons, you need to partner with a breast specialist who believes in comprehensive breast care and guiding the patient through the entire journey.
The breast surgeons within Grand Strand Physicians medical group offer the thorough, compassionate care women need when it comes to maintaining breast health. We will provide a detailed, in-depth diagnosis and clear presentation of treatment options so you can regain your well-being and confidence.
For more information on our services or to talk with one of our breast specialists, please schedule an appointment with us.
Breast care services we offer
We are committed to helping patients of all ages through their journey and giving them the highest quality care for a wide range of breast conditions. Our board-certified breast surgeon is fellowship trained in oncoplastic breast surgery and provides a wide range of services and procedures:
- Breast biopsies (including minimally invasive procedures)
- Breast resection for benign or malignant issues
- Cryoablation (freezing of tumors) for benign and malignant breast lesions
- Lymph node surgery including sentinel lymph node procedures
- Management of breast lumps, suspicious findings and nipple discharge
- Nonsurgical management of breast pain and other breast problems
- Placement and removal of venous access catheter (port)
- Reconstruction of breast congenital anomalies
- Review and explanation of mammogram results
- Revision of breast reconstruction and scar revision of the breast
- Treatment of diseases of the breast (abscesses, gynecomastia)
- Treatment of breast issues during pregnancy
- Treatment of skin neoplasms of trunk and breasts
We offer breast reconstruction procedures for people who have undergone mastectomies for breast cancer. Some of the types of reconstruction procedures we offer include:
- Autologous tissue reconstruction — This is a state-of-the-art breast reconstruction technique that uses tissue from the abdomen. This tissue gives patients the benefit of a flatter abdomen while simultaneously reconstructing their breast.
- Direct to implant — In some instances, breast cancer can be treated with mastectomies that leave a larger portion of the breast skin or even the nipple. For these patients, reconstruction can be performed by omitting the tissue expansion stage.
- Fat grafting — Fat grafting is a tool to address the final contour of the reconstructed breast. Liposuction is performed on the abdomen, flanks, or thighs. The patients’ fat is then processed and transferred to the breast to augment the breast reconstruction.
- Mastopexy — Mastopexy, also known as a breast lift, can be performed in some patients that go through a breast reconstruction on one breast. This procedure can lift the non-operated breast to more closely match the breast reconstruction.
- Nipple reconstruction — If the surgical oncologist had to remove your nipple and areola to treat breast cancer, you may choose to have nipple reconstruction. This procedure is often an office-based reconstructive procedure.
- Tissue expander — This method requires an initial procedure where a tissue expander is placed and partially filled in the location of the breast. This provides a footprint to the new breast and restores part of the breast mound. The tissue expander filling continues in the office and is then replaced by a permanent breast implant.
Cosmetic procedures we perform
We also perform the following cosmetic procedures:
- Breast lift
- Breast reduction surgery (reduction mammoplasty)
- Fat grafting of the breast and associated liposuction
- Removal of breast implant or implant material
- Transgender “top” surgery