Neurologists and neurosurgeons in Myrtle Beach
The brain, spine and nervous system are some of the most intricate, detailed parts of your body. You need someone with experience and compassion to diagnose your condition and provide the best treatment possible.
The neurological specialists within the Grand Strand Physicians network do that every day, providing patients in the Myrtle Beach area with treatment for back and neck pain, stroke, headaches, brain injuries, spinal cord diseases and other neurological conditions.
For more information on our services or to speak with one of our specialists, please schedule an appointment.
Neurological conditions we treat
Our highly trained providers use nonsurgical and surgical methods to treat a wide range of cranial and spinal conditions, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS — Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Ruptured discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Tourette’s syndrome
Diagnosing neurological disorders
Properly diagnosing a neurological condition is key to determining the best course of treatment. Neurologists use a variety of exams and imaging modalities to test a patient's balance, reflexes, sensation, cognitive abilities (such as memory, speech and language) and muscle movement and strength
Some of the diagnostic tests we offer include:
- Computed axial tomography (CAT) scan — Uses X-ray technology to produce multiple images at different angles so the provider can view the body's internal structures and look for abnormalities
- Electroencephalography (EEG) — Electrodes are attached to the scalp to detect electrical activity in the brain, helping diagnose epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Electromyography (EMG) — Used to help detect disorders of the spinal nerve roots, muscles and peripheral nerves; electrodes are attached to assess the electrical activity and health of muscles and the nerve cells that control them
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap) — Used to detect disorders of the central nervous system; a needle is inserted between two lumbar bones (vertebrae) to remove a sample of cerebrospinal fluid
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) — Medical imaging technique that uses a magnetic field, radio waves and special contrast agents to produce 3D images of blood vessels so they can be examined for abnormalities
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) — Uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce images of the body (primarily the abdomen, brain, chest, heart and spine) to examine internal structures of the body for abnormalities
Neurosurgery in Myrtle Beach
When surgical treatment is needed to resolve or improve your condition, our team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, physician assistants, nurses, rehabilitation specialists and medical support staff will be with you the entire way, following a customized care plan that meets your individual needs while providing the easiest recovery.
Our goal is to help patients achieve and maintain their highest level of pain-free mobility through the safest but most effective approach possible. We use traditional, proven surgical methods and advanced treatments, including minimally invasive procedures.
We treat many kinds of brain injuries and conditions, including traumatic brain injuries, brain cancer and brain tumors. We can also place shunts in the brain, which are tubes that help drain cerebrospinal fluid and redirect it to another place in the body.
We are trained in stereotactic radiosurgery, a form of radiation therapy that treats conditions such as cancer, epilepsy, trigeminal neuralgia and arteriovenous malformations.
Neck and back pain can negatively impact your ability to lead an active life. Our neurosurgeons perform common and complex spinal surgeries to treat pain resulting from spine abnormalities, instability, arthritis, herniated discs, injuries or tumors.
Some of the procedures we offer are discectomies, disc replacement, cervical fusion and lumbar interbody fusion.
Neurological care locations
Retrieving location data...